The Santa Rosa CityBus will further reduce its service this week to help slow the spread of coronavirus.
Starting Monday, April 13, the bus will operate on a Sunday schedule seven days a week for essential travel only. Sunday routes run from about 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The only exception will be additional service on Route 1 and Route 2B to allow for social distancing and reduce overcrowding. Service on Route 10 will be on weekday routing (service to Round Barn) with a weekend timetable.
(Image: Wikipedia Creative Commons)
CityBus will also be providing a special call-ahead service for essential travel Monday through Saturday between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m., and 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. This service will be provided by the City’s paratransit contractor, MV Transportation, but is open to the general public with the following guidelines:
- This service is for riders who MUST travel to either a job at an essential service provider or to an essential destination within the city of Santa Rosa.
- Riders must call ahead to 707-546-1999 to register for this service and schedule this trip.
- Riders registering for this service will need to provide their name, home address, contact information and destination address trip. Once registered for the service, riders can schedule a trip up to seven days in advance of the trip but at a minimum must schedule their trip the day before between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, or between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Sundays.
- Riders must call to cancel trips at least two hours in advance in order to continue receiving this service.
- Language assistance is available to any non-English speakers who wish to schedule trips.
- Due to limited capacity, trips may be prioritized or further limited in the future.
Santa Rosa Paratransit will continue to operate regular weekday, Saturday and Sunday service hours for essential travel. And Route 16 (Oakmont) will continue to operate for essential travel.Find more details here.