Media Sales Manager
Northern California Public Media (NCPM) is currently seeking a Media Sales Manager. Based in Sonoma County, CA, NCPM serves the San Francisco region. Comprised of two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM, NCPM offers PBS and NPR programming to the community.
As a media sales professional, the successful candidate will:
- have an appreciation for and commitment to the critical importance of public media, while representing NCPM to the highest degree as one of Northern California’s leading cultural institutions;
- understand the community service and underlying goals of multimedia initiatives, and be able to obtain sponsorship for same to well-matched individual donors, corporations, non-profits, and governmental agencies;
- approach potential clients through new leads, cold calls, existing relationships, promotional events, or other means;
- track media sales through internal process to completion;
- be capable of explaining to prospective clients the benefits and potential audience of specific media offerings;
- detail pricing and negotiate costs when necessary;
- be incredibly driven by calendar, financial goals, and pride of work, yet maintain a high level of professional communication and interaction with clients, potential sponsors, and NCPM staff; and
- own a keen marketing sensibility that enables one to successfully pitch and position the value of public media.
In addition to the above stated duties and requirements, the candidate should be willing to travel around the greater Bay Area, possess excellent writing skills, and be outgoing and professional with a positive attitude. BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
This position is full-time, benefits eligible. Non-profit. EEO. NCPM does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities. Website: www.norcalpublicmedia.org
Accounts Payable Clerk
Northern California Public Media in Rohnert Park, CA, is looking for an exceptional Accounts Payable Clerk to maintain and process accounts payable transactions accurately and under deadline. This position will work under the direct supervision of the accountant.
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as QuickBooks)
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Non-profit experience a plus
Key Accounts Payable Skills and Competencies
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Uphold confidentiality and use sound judgment
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Vendor relationship skills
- Information management skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office and 10-key proficient
- Assemble, review and verify invoices, check requests, and expenses
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice terms or prices
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment and enter invoices
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files and accurate historical records
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Responsible for calculating use tax on appropriate invoices
- Assist with month end closing and other accounting needs as requested
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
TV Programming Assistant
Northern California Public Media (NCPM) is currently seeking a TV Programming Assistant. Based in Sonoma County, CA, NCPM serves the San Francisco region. Comprised of two public television stations, KRCB and KPJK, and one public radio station, KRCB FM, NCPM offers PBS and NPR programming to the community.
We look for someone enthusiastic, innovative, organized, reliable, and results- and detail-oriented who demonstrates the drive to achieve. Responsibilities involve a variety of tasks including strong analytical skills, the ability to evaluate appropriate information/data, and the ability to manage multiple processes. Good judgment and critical thinking aptitudes are paramount, as is the ability to interpret and follow specific instructions. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, are essential. This position will work under the supervision of the Television Program Manager.
- Assemble the daily record log; schedule records and reconcile the record log daily.
- Assist in the finalization and export of broadcast log.
- Prepare and distribute the scheduled program listings.
- Consult with Program Manager on program-schedule matters.
- Assist Program Manager in the selection of programs.
- Monitor communications sites to look for program advisories, repackaged feed and schedule change announcements.
- Update program offers as needed by deleting old packaged media, insuring rights and program lengths are correct, and programs are flagged as needed.
- Maintain a monthly library purge and insure programs are archived as needed.
- Assist with getting dubs, retrieving missing programs, and ingesting programs into server.
- Answer viewer emails and phone calls related to programs and the program schedule.
- Assist Program Manager with special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Display the ability to handle stressful situations. Assist in the workflow of others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to execute tasks with high degree of accuracy under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work well as a team, independently, and with other departments.
- Excellent computer skills (must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint); adept at maintaining databases and documents.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role as a Programming Assistant or Administrative Assistant.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Self-starter who can manage their own work flow.
- Can-do attitude with the ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Experience with Myers ProTrack software a plus.
This is an in-house position, part-time (32 hours/week, M-F) with the possibility of leading to full time, benefits eligible. Non-profit. EEO. NCPM does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities. Website: www.norcalpublicmedia.org