Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
Northern California Public Media, a San Francisco Bay area PBS and NPR affiliated organization, seeks a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years demonstrated ability in maintenance and repair of Television and Radio station studio transmitter and microwave systems, equipment installation, setup, administration and configuration of IT-based broadcast communication systems, and a working knowledge of FCC broadcast operation rules. Electronics repair and component level troubleshooting ability required. Working knowledge of computers, computer networks, and computerized systems. Must be flexible to work varied schedule. Position may require working nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call as necessary. SBE certification a plus.
Non-profit. EOE. Northern California Public Media does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
- have the ability to design and implement a marketing campaign by creating budgets, developing materials, and stewarding sponsors;
- seek out and secure opportunities for television, radio, digital and event sponsorship in conjunction with the content distributed by and created by NCPM;
- have demonstrated experience in marketing data analytics and tools, audience demographics, and viewing/listening trends;
- have an active and well-rounded command of social media networks and their best practices;
- have the ability to tie local and regional current events to our content, and to corporate goals; and,
- have a keen appreciation for and commitment to the critical importance of public media , while representing NCPM to the highest degree as one of Northern California’s leading cultural institutions.
- understand the community service and underlying goals of multimedia initiatives, and be able to obtain sponsorship for same to well-matched individual donors, corporations, non-profits, and governmental agencies;
- approach potential clients through new leads, cold calls, existing relationships, promotional events, or other means;
- track media sales through internal process to completion;
- be capable of explaining to prospective clients the benefits and potential audience of specific media offerings;
- detail pricing and negotiate costs when necessary; and,
- be incredibly driven by calendar, financial goals, and pride of work, yet maintain a high level of professional communication and interaction with clients, potential sponsors, and NCPM staff.