Grand Opening for Open San José
Celebrate the grand opening of Open San José, on June 10, 2023 from 11am - 4pm. Located at 38 S Second Street in downtown, Open San José is an innovative space that promotes equitable access, civic engagement, and community building, and is home to Northern California Public Media’s new South Bay office and studio along with six anchor partners—Chopsticks Alley Art, LEAD Filipino, Mosaic America, San José Spotlight, CreaTV and Works/San José.
The 18,000-square-foot facility features hybrid spaces for virtual and physical events, including art exhibitions, rehearsals, film screenings, and educational activities.
Grand Opening Day will include a ribbon cutting by local dignitaries followed by:
- Lion Dancers,
- Viet Steps dance. performance,
- Chopsticks Alley Art film screening and Draw-Your-portrait class,
- Voter registration fun with LEAD Filipino,
- Button making, Go Live and Green Screen Roulette with CreaTV,
- Dance classes with Mosaic America,
- Art Exhibits at Works San José,
- and Needle Felting with Stephanie Metz and NorCal Public Media
Food from several local restaurants will be available along with soft drinks. Beer will be provided by San Jose’s Camino Brewing Company and wine by J. Lohr Vineyards and Wines.
ADMISSION IS FREE! But registration is recommended so that food and drink is available for everyone attending.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3MJUE9B