Due to the latest information we have just received from PG&E about the anticipated Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event, the following schools will be affected starting Wednesday afternoon:
- Maria Carrillo High
- Rincon Valley Middle
- Santa Rosa Accelerated Charter School
- Hidden Valley Elementary
For these schools,
- The City of Santa Rosa Emergency Operations Center (EOC) has requested early dismissal on Wednesday, Oct. 23 due to traffic safety concerns. School buses are aware of this change.
- 1:20 pm - Hidden Valley Elementary (Early Release schedule)
- 1:45 pm - Santa Rosa Accelerated Charter School (Monday’s schedule)
- 1:52 pm - Rincon Valley Middle (Monday’s schedule)
- 2:00 pm - Maria Carrillo High
- No after-school programs, such as athletics and childcare, on Wednesday, Oct. 23
- No school on Thursday, Oct. 24
- We will inform you about the status of school for Friday as we monitor how quickly PG&E inspects electrical lines and begins to turn on the electricity.
PSPS events occur when PG&E determines that weather conditions could increase the risk of wildfires. More information is available on PG&E’s website. If weather conditions change, it is possible that PG&E could change this event and leave the electricity on. We will continue to share the most up-to-date information we receive from PG&E and the EOC.
Updates are also posted on our district’s website: www.srcschools.org