What:Local Assistance Center (LAC)
When:Opens at 9:00 AM, last entry by 6:00 PM
Open daily from October 14th for at least 2 weeks
Where:Press Democrat building in downtown Santa Rosa
427 Mendocino Ave between Ross and 5th Streets
Google Maps™ Directions
Before You Arrive
Please register with FEMA before arriving to the LAC if possible.
- Application Checklist
- Get Assistance → Apply Online
- To Apply by Phone
4:00 AM - 8:00 PM Daily
Doing so will reduce the time it takes to register for services.
The LAC is a one-stop shop with critical services for residents who have been impacted by the fires.
Some of the services include:
- Small Business Administration
- Social Security Administration
- United States Postal Service
- Ca Department of Tax Fee Administration
- Cal OES
- CDPH - Vital Records
- Contractors State License Board
- Department of Insurance
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Department of Public Health
- Employment Development Department
- Franchise Tax Board
- Housing and Community Development
- Office of Business & Economic Development
- Social Services
- Veterans Affairs
County of Sonoma
- Community Development Commission
- County Clerk
- Environmental Health
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Health Services - Behavioral Health
- Human Services
- Permit Sonoma W&S/FIRE/BLDG
- PRMD - Planning
City of Santa Rosa
- Housing & Community Services
- Planning & Economic Development
- Santa Rosa Water/Utilities
The site is wheelchair accessible.
Spanish translators and a children’s play area will be available.
For more information, contact the Sonoma County Community Hotline(707) 565-3856.
Parking is free off of B St in the Santa Rosa city lot.
The LAC is also accessible by Sonoma County Transit and City Bus via route 1.
The building is just 3 blocks from the Downtown Transit Mall.