Saturday, October 19, 2019, 10:00am - 04:00pm
Join us for one of the most exuberant days of the year at Slide Ranch. Enjoy a festival atmosphere with a variety of animal activities, nature crafts, garden cooking projects, hikes, live music, and food for sale.
- Mingle with the herd of goats and sheep and milk our five lovely does
- Feed the flocks of chickens, ducks and turkeys and enjoy their squawks, quacks and gobbles
- Observe the buzzing bee hives and step into a beekeeping suit
- Make farm-fresh cheese, and granola & ferments to take home
- Use natural dyes, and craft with wool from our sheep
- Thresh seeds in the garden and make seed balls and garden herb tea bags to take home
- Help make a scarecrow and join a scarecrow parade!
- Look out for whales and dazzling ocean views on our coastal trails or venture down to the tide pools
- Dance a jig to live music and enjoy an organic, farm lunch
This special family day is one of our biggest community fundraising events of the year. We hope you'll join us for a festive Fall Harvest celebration in this glorious season on the coast.
Watch slideranch.org/calendar or join our mailing list for more info.
Fee: $35 per person in advance, $40 per person at the gate; children 24 months and under are free.
About Slide Ranch:
The mission of Slide Ranch is to connect children to nature. We cultivate healthy bodies and minds and foster future generations of environmental stewards. By farming, cooking, caring for animals and exploring wilderness and the coast, we teach people of all ages to see the connection between their own health, a healthy food system and a healthy environment.